Saturday, November 29, 2008

very exciting

i have just stumbled upon the last.fm site.  I LOVE THIS SITE! it allows access to a wonderful array of brilliant artists and provides a mechanism for researching similar artists.  they also have had the foresight to provide group forums so that people of like taste can engage in dialogue (including a gay indie forum; it is SO nice to know that my people are out there, or at least an aspect of them; scattered amongst the stars).  it is like what myspace used to be before rupert murdoch took it over and everyone (and apparently every THING) has a profile. i can access the work of artists that i had almost forgotten about, as well as discover brilliant new gems (at least, brilliant and new to my sheltered life).  now if i could only put the whole damn array into my ipod, but that would make my ipod more powerful than the Death Star.... now wouldn't THAT be nice.  unfortunately, my ipod can only hold 80 gb. so sad....


No comments: